.
.
Thumper tries HGH for Fibromyalgia symptoms... film at 11
Fibromyalgia is Latin for "Holy Frijole, everything on me freaking hurts." Or something like that...

Still...there are no whiners here.


Imagine...

...having a Charlie horse--all over your body.

...having the flu--all the time.

...feeling like you've been backed over by a tractor...every single day.

...waking up and being afraid to step out of bed because you know--without a doubt--that when your foot hits the floor, a knife will cut through your body, and the feeling won't stop.

...not being able to sleep.

...fatigue seeping from every pore of your body, running in thick rivers that pool at your feet like concrete shoes.

...feeling like every muscle in your body is on fire, and nothing will put it out.

...feeling like you're about to come apart at the seams--and your doctor tells you it's "All In Your Head."

Just Imagine.

©1997,2005 K.A. Thompson


One of the theories about Fibromyalgia Syndrome is that there may be an endocrinological base--that the pain associated with FMS may exist because of a lack of, or the body's inability to use existing supplies of, Growth Hormone.

On June 26, 2002, I had a tumor removed from my pituitary gland; this tumor left me with diabetes insipidus, premature menopuase, and as discovered recently, a lack of Growth Hormone.

The problem is, no one knows how long the tumor was there, and no one knows whether or not I was deficient in Growth Hormone prior to developing the tumor.

Because of some of the studies regarding Fibromyalgia--something I have lived with since January 1997--and Human Growth Hormone, I have opted to give HGH replacement a try. It may be a way to work past the pain of FMS, a way to build lean muscle mass, lose body fat, and hopefully, offer measureable hope to recovery.

This blog will chronicle my progress, or lack of it. I will include details of how it makes me feel, the exercise routines I will use to help speed up loss of body fat, dietary changes, and any changes in body shape and pain reduction.

FMS Links

Dr. Devin Starlanyl
American Fibromyalgia Association
FMS Network
Chronic Syndrome Support Association
Living With FMS



12/13/2004

A little crimp in my HGH regimin... I saw the endocrinologist at the base hospital (very nice guy, seems on the ball and quite personable) and he has no problem renewing my HGH scrip--the problem is that the pharmacy here doesn't carry the cartridges the dose I use comes in, and the ones they do carry titrate in such a way that I wouldn't be able to get that small a dose into an insulin syringe.

He's seeing if he can get the pharmacist to order what I need, but I've only got about 8 days worth left.

So, we shall see. Worst case scenario he writes a paper scrip for me and I find a local pharmacy that accepts TriCare, and I pay the co-pay. Or I submit to TriCare's mail order pharmacy and get it in a week or two.

Recalling how uncomfortable I got for the 10 days or so I didn't take it, I'm not looking forward to a delay, but that's mostly my fault for waiting so long to get a referral to the endo clinic here.

link | posted by Thumper at 3:57 PM
|
© 2004, 2005 K.A. Thompson | powered by Blogger | designed by mela
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com